Dragon Boat Festival 2011

The Bun Festival

We love our mom!

Life in the Pearl- Ching Ming Festival

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Live from HK!

This is for the grandmas who keep asking to see "the belly"
As if we don't post enough scenery here is a beautiful sunset I caught while messing around with the camera.



I've been checking out others blogs lately and have realized what makes a great blog...yeah updating it. It's that simple my friends. In our desire to have a nice blog (especially since we are trying to get our families to check it out more.) we are going to try to update each week to keep you coming back for more. Because who can really have enough of Hong Kong? We can't! Today was "Turnover Day." That isn't the official name, but it is a holiday to celebrate the British handing over Hong Kong to China. (For those who might not be as brushed up on their world history, Hong Kong was a British Colony until 1997.) That is why I have a sweet British accent now and I walk around in my trousers, taking out the rubbish and troubling myself with a brilliant spot of tea. I don't think I'll ever get to the point of calling diapers, "nappies" and my stroller a "pram,"... sorry my cute little baby. One final thing... I am really struggling not having a name for this baby. Cassie has passed the "it" stage and is consistently using "she." I simply refer to her as "baby." I suppose I believe in the "you can't name your baby until you see it," theory, but if my baby came out looking like a Gertrude I would probably stick to one of the two we have narrowed down. To protect against name thieves they will not be mentioned here. "What's in a name?".... Well pretty much everything Bill.

3 comments:

Hubers said...

Oh Cas- you look so dang cute with that cute little pregnant belly!! :D It looks like you guys are taking as much as you can in before you return to the states.. I love looking at all of the pictures you put on.. And I love to read what random thoughts you both put up!! :D

The Bartschi's said...

Oh my gosh I haven't seen you for such a long time!! It is Rachelle (Crane) Bartschi. Congrats on eing preggers you look so cute!! Ps. to check out our blog just send your e-mail address to kandrbartschi@msn.com!!!

Martha said...

I'm all for weekly updates! You look very cute Cassie! Seeing the pictures makes me miss Hong Kong!