Dragon Boat Festival 2011

The Bun Festival

We love our mom!

Life in the Pearl- Ching Ming Festival

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sooo Cute!




We feel so blessed to have such an amazing spirit in our homes. We still cannot believe that we have Maleah in our lives. Cassie and I just sit and stare..."Oh look she moved! She rolled on her side! That is a cute smile, maybe she has gas." Of course we are creatures of instinct, and yes, Maleah is turning on her baby "in-stink." You'd think that I had learned as a boy with two younger brothers and two younger sisters about the instinct of babies. Last night as I was getting ready to put Maleah down for bed I realized I first needed to change her diaper. I checked it and it was only wet, so I decided that instead of dealing with the changing table I would conveniently change her on the bed. Babies know when Dads are foolish enough not to use the changing table because by the time I turned to throw the dirty diaper in the garbage and back again she was pooping on her clothes and on my bed! After a frantic clean up Maleah was put down...This brings to my knowledge the paradox of cleanliness. Now that we have a baby I have washed my hands so many times they are painfully dry and the lotion doesn't stop. However on the other hand, I am so tired that wiping up baby poop from my comforter with a simple wipe is sufficient enough for me to consider clean. What do you do? We are so happy, and so tired, it is like we are in a dream. Stay tuned for the next posting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl!
I know you are tired!
Take care!
Aunt Jane

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! What gorgeous eyes! (Riley says, we agree!) You did great guys, especially Cassie! Can't wait to see her in person! Love the name you chose too. Congrats!
Randall and Christie

Martha said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! So were you able to deliver Cassie, or was it a C-section? Either way, I'm glad she's here safely!

Anonymous said...

James you'll learn never trust a baby smile and as they grow that little girl smile will "own" you. Your the greatest!! Give my daughter a squeeze - we miss you guys our stay was to short.

Love Grandpa Blake

Emilee said...

James and Cassie! You have such a cute precious little girl! She is beautiful and I love her name! I am so happy you guys are back! Miss you both!

Grandma Janna said...

What a sweetheart. She changes every day. We sure miss you and love you both. James, you do a good job on your blog, keep up the good work.
Love
Grandma Janna